Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Philly Cheese Steak Wraps

Philly Steak Wrap with Sweet Potato Fries
I used to go to a restaurant down the street from my previous workplace and they made the best Philly Cheese Steak Wraps!  These are my version, which is actually pretty close to the real thing.  I made these for dinner a few nights ago because they're quick and easy!


Philly Cheese Steak Wraps
  • 1 top sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
  • 2 peppers (I used yellow and orange)
  • 1 sweet onion (I used a medium-sized Vidalia)
  • 1/4 to 1/3 cup HP Sauce (however much you like)
  • Mozzarella cheese, shredded
  • Greek pitas
Spray a pan with cooking spray and heat on medium-high heat.  Add steak strips and cook for 5-6 minutes or until browned.  Add peppers and onions and cook for another couple of minutes, or until they start to get soft (you can add mushrooms too, I didn't have any).  Stir in enough HP sauce to give it a bit of a glaze.

with HP sauce added
 
Heat the pitas in the microwave on a plate for about a minute to soften them and make them pliable. Put some mozzarella cheese in the middle of the wrap, top with steak mixture and then fold over.  

Before folding them over...I probably added too much stuff!
I then stick mine in a panini press and grill it to make it stick together, but you really don't have to if you don't have one.  They are good either way :)

No comments:

Post a Comment