Friday, June 24, 2011

Peanut Butter Marshmallow Squares (no bake)

I had a craving for peanut butter marshmallow squares last night (you know, those ones that everyone makes at Christmas?)...mmm.  

Years ago, I was given a really really good recipe that had pecans and coconut added, just a little different than your plain ol' peanut butter marshmallow square (not that I'm knocking them...I like those too and have a really good recipe for them too!  Anyways, I couldn't find my original recipe, so I went on a hunt online and found one :)  They taste delicious and take maybe 10 mins tops to prepare!  

Let me know if you'd like me to post the regular recipe that doesn't have coconut and pecans and I will put it on here as well!

Peanut Butter Marshmallow Squares
  • 2 1/4 cups butterscotch chips
  • 4 tbsp butter or margarine (I used Becel)
  • 1 cup peanut butter (I used the Kraft light peanut butter)
  • 1 cup chopped pecans
  • 1 1/3 cups flaked coconut (I used shredded, sweetened)
  • 3 cups miniature marshmallows (white)
  1. In a large microwave-safe bowl, add butterscotch chips, butter and peanut butter.  Microwave on high for one minute, then stir until smooth (you may have to microwave for 30 seconds or so after stirring if it's not melted enough, but do not over-heat)
  2. Cool to warm (I left mine for about 5 minutes...otherwise you're going to melt your marshmallows!)
  3. Add pecans, coconut and mini marshmallows & stir until all are evenly coated.
  4. Pour into a greased 9"x13" pan and cool in refrigerator until solid.
  5. Cut into squares and enjoy!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment